Yesterday, Kevin Rowen highlighted five Orange County high schools that have filled their boys varsity head coaching spots. One of those coaches reached out and asked if we could spread the word that he and a number of others still are looking for assistants and/or JV coaches.
A quick search of the job listings at LaxPower.com bear that out. At least 14 schools from Thousand Oaks to San Diego have positions posted at LaxPower, including a couple for boys varsity head coaching spots. In addition, Mission Viejo is looking for a girls varsity head coach, and Esperanza is seeking assistant coaches for its girls team.
Chris Jewett, the new head coach at Los Alamitos, reached out through a member of the Los Al booster club to let us know he still needs coaches for his JV and freshman teams. The posting went up today at LaxPower. Anyone interested can reach Coach Jewett by email at [email protected]
Other positions of note (details for each, including contact info, available at LaxPower):
• Santa Margarita Catholic and Trabuco Hills, which recently hired Adam Guy and Johnny Rodriquez, respectively, as head coaches, are seeking assistants as Guy and Rodriquez look to fill out their staffs.
• As mentioned yesterday, Marina of Huntington Beach still is looking for a varsity head coach.
• Mission Viejo has a listing for a boys varsity coach to replace Marcus Hansen. The team’s web site indicates that assistant coach Hudson Parker, a Mission Viejo alum, is serving as interim head coach while the school conducts the interview process.
• Mission Viejo also is seeking a girls head coach (or at least it was in mid-June when the LaxPower listing went up).
• Valencia HS in the Santa Clarita Valley apparently is planning to field a lacrosse team next spring, joining neighboring West Ranch in growing the game. Valencia posted an opening for a varsity head coach and assistant coaches on the district web site in July, and it was added to LaxPower last week.
• Sierra Canyon of Chatsworth, which completed its first full season of lacrosse last spring, is seeking a head coach.
• Capistrano Valley is seeking a varsity head coach. Assistant coaches and head JV coaching positions are also open.
• At Aliso Niguel, third-year coach Pat Jenkins is looking for assistants to work at both the varsity and JV levels.
• Thousand Oaks recently hired Tyler Gilbert to replace Michael D’Andraia, who resigned after only one season when his family had to relocate due to a job change. Gilbert is seeking varsity assistants and JV coaches.
• Chaminade is looking for a JV head coach and assistant and varsity assistant.
• It appears Fallbrook will have a new varsity head coach for the third season in a row. No announcement has been made on that spot, but the school has a listing seeking varsity and JV assistants.
• Santa Fe Christian in Solana Beach, north of San Diego, is seeking a boys head coach.
• Del Norte (San Diego) is looking for a JV head coach and assistants.
Thanks to Erv Hunt and the Los Alamitos lacrosse program for use of the photo that accompanies this post. Check out more of Mr. Hunt’s photos from last spring’s Los Al-Huntington Beach game here.