Last week we shared the list of 25 SoCal players named as All-Americans by U.S. Lacrosse, and today we have 11 more SoCal players to honor, as U.S. Lacrosse has released its Academic All-American list.
Of the 11 players, three were from Los Angeles, three from Orange County, three from San Diego, and one from Ventura County. All 11 players were seniors.
- Colton Michel, A/M (Palos Verdes Peninsula)
- Augie O’Hern, M (Palos Verdes)
- Justice Sefas, M (Harvard-Westlake)
- Jack Gilchrist, M (Foothill)
- Brett Nelson, M (Corona Del Mar)
- Chase Williams, A (St. Margaret’s Episcopal)
San Diego County
- Jack Becker, LSM (San Marcos)
- Chris Carter, D (Torrey Pines)
- Kag Iglinski, D (Granite Hills)
- Cole Tudor, LSM/D (La Costa Canyon)
- Jake Wuesthoff, M (Newbury Park)
According to the U.S. Lacrosse, “A US Lacrosse All-Academic honoree is a player who exhibits exemplary lacrosse skills, good sportsmanship on the field, and represents high standards of academic achievement in the classroom. This player also should have left his mark beyond the lacrosse field and the classroom by making significant contributions of service to the school and/or community.”
Congratulations to all selected.